Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Officially Transferred

Okay, well today I finally decided that I would infact use WordPress as my main blogging system as it is a lot more versatile, user friendly and has many new and improved features that Blogger just does not offer. There are still some things that I am currently doubting with this version of WordPress though, one being that the CSS editing is not free, which is a pain in the arse because that controls one of the main features of a blog - the layout. The other is the fact that any Javascript that is posted whether that is on a page, in a post or added to the sidebar is stripped from existence, which means that things such as Bloggrrr, Google Analytics and so on cannot be used, so I am currently thinking of buying hosting, a domain and an SQL database so that I can upload my blog to my own hosting and have an annoyance-free blog.

Currently I am looking at this hosting package which comes with free .co.uk, .org.uk or .me.uk domain name registration, unlimited bandwidth, no adverts or banners, 10 sub domains, 10 POP3 e-mail accounts and 2 free My SQL databases. I am currently considering this offer and I may buy it (or something else) within the next week, so watch this space.

2 comments:

Michael Perlman said...

The other is the fact that any Javascript that is posted whether that is on a page,....

And possibly to rub it in, there is no upgrade option for that. I can't figure out the reason for the limitation.

Bull3t said...

Apparently it is a security reason and WordPress don't want to be held responsible for any Javascript hacks that enable people to login to your account, meh - wordpress.org for the win.