Monday, February 26, 2007

Transferring to WordPress

I have been thinking for sometime whether I should swap to WordPress and blog on their from now on and have not yet come to a decision but I did manage to import all of my current blog posts and comments from Blogger over to my WordPress account, which is currently set to mirror my Blogger account. I am not sure which one I am going to use as my main blog, but for now I will stay on Blogger as I cannot edit the CSS/HTML of my WordPress blog unless I pay for it, so I cannot add a custom template like I have on Blogger. I will have to review both and see what one I think would be best for me.

4 comments:

Michael Perlman said...

Switch to WordPress. It is so much simpler to use, yet better in some ways. Quick Tip: The Sandbox theme provides you with the most control in terms of layout, offering a few different layouts for you to choose from. Lorelle uses it.

Bull3t said...

Hey Michael, I may switch but I am still thinking about it. As for the Sandbox theme, I still have to pay to edit the CSS so it doesn't really help much, thanks anyway.

julian said...

If you download WordPress and run it on your own server, everything is free and you can edit anything.

Bull3t said...

Hey Julian, wouldn't that mean that I would have to purchase a mySQL Database, I have an ntlWorld webserver but I don't know whether it supports PHP.